Moovv is a unique new app for finding local fitness instructors and attending outdoor fitness classes near you. The app is available in both English and Spanish (having first launched in Valencia, Spain) and allows users to sign up as a fitness instructor who delivers classes (also known as a Shaker), or as an individual who would like to attend sessions on a pay-as-you-go basis (also known as a Moovver) – all in one single app. Users can also use a single login to switch between their instructor profile and their personal profile so they can enjoy participating in sessions without having to keep track of two accounts.
The idea behind Moovv came during the first lockdown in 2020 when the Moovv team - made up of Charlie Millen, Chris Millen, and Santiago Lopez-Sors De Maruri - decided to develop a way to make outdoor fitness classes more accessible, especially as gyms were closed. After doing some initial research, they discovered there were many fitness instructors struggling to fill their classes as they did not have a platform to connect with clients and were using social media to try to spread the word about upcoming sessions.
This is when Moovv approached Zudu to help design and develop their mobile app alongside a web app admin panel to help manage users and sessions on the platform, and lots more. Since its launch, the app has helped numerous instructors start and maintain their small business as instructors and generate a revenue stream throughout lockdown and into the present day. Alongside this, users of the app have benefited from safe, socially distanced interactions with others and a range of physical activities to help lessen stress, improve mental health, keep active, and reduce loneliness.
The app’s main features include:
- Search with filters to help users find classes relevant to their interests within their local area (there are 15 class categories in the app at present (updated all the time) including yoga, HIIT, boxing, dance, pilates, strength training, and meditation.)
- Flexible bookings and secure in-app payments: this isn’t a subscription service, but rather a pay-as-you-go service so users are not tied into ongoing payment plans for paid classes (and free trials are also available). Due to COVID-19, the app supports a flexible cancellation policy to keep users safe (policies can be adapted for each type of class by instructors).
- ID verification for instructors to ensure safety for users, and payment verification to ensure instructors will be paid.
Instructors can also set their own pricing, dates, locations, and more - the app is fully customisable.
- Reviews of classes and sessions so new and returning clients can share their feedback with instructors.
- Opportunity to meet people with similar interests and grow your community.
Find. Book. Moovv.
(Zudu’s project case study can be found at https://zudu.co.uk/projects/moovv.)