The SanDisk Connect Drive is a free companion app to support SanDisk’s latest wireless flash drive, the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick. Using the Connect Drive, consumers have the ability to expand the storage of their favorite mobile devices with wireless transferring, streaming and, sharing of content between a mobile device and the SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick.
The Connect Drive app enables nearly effortless management of content between people’s favorite handsets and the device itself. It takes full advantage of the latest mobile operating systems to create a seamless user-friendly experience on, iOS, Android™ devices and Fire tablets – all via password-protected Wi-Fi connectivity. A clean, minimalistic app with intuitive design and filing systems ensures users of all levels can quickly become familiar and access files in as little as two clicks. The new app also enables other convenient features, such as the ability to auto-back up photos and videos from a device’s camera roll, or back up phone contacts.
Connect Drive was designed in-house by SanDisk in Milpitas, CA and follows a minimalistic design similar to the device itself. SanDisk’s goal was to make the experience akin to using a USB on a PC or Mac. Even though it’s simple, the app is feature-packed and includes a movie player, photo browser, music player and document viewer – all inside the app. In addition, the in-app video player supports playback of video formats not necessarily supported on the native OS. For example, through the Connect Drive, a user can play a .WMV file on an iPad or iPhone.
• User-friendly interface to access users content on SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick
• Wirelessly store and stream content directly from the drive, without the hassle of wires or cables – no Internet connection required
• Transfer photos, videos and large files from users phone or tablet to the drive and free up space
• Easily access files from the drive, copy them to a phone or tablet for local access
• Enjoy your photos in slideshow mode
• Enable Auto-Backup to copy photos and videos from the Gallery automatically
• Backup and restore contacts
• Auto-play all music files with the built-in player
• Preview documents in-app or in other apps
• Swipe to the left or right easily navigate through content
• Optional view modes: list, tile
Today, people are using their devices to capture many of life’s moments, and this trend continues to rise. According to a recent IDC report, it’s anticipated that this year alone (2015) people will take 1.6 trillion images and seven out of 10 will be on a mobile device. Meanwhile, multiple device usage is on the rise and this behavior has generated a need for new solutions that can help simplify the way users save and access their content among multiple devices.
As a companion app for the new SanDisk Connect Wireless Stick, Connect Drive helps people capture more by expanding the memory on their devices (up to 128GB), as well as provide a simple and quick way to save and access photos, videos, music and other files between devices and their computer.