Help young kids learn the basics of coding with Tommy the Turtle! Tommy the Turtle - Learn to Code is another fun, interactive, educational game to help young children learn the basics of coding. With an accessible interface, kids of all ages and abilities can use commands, sequences, and loops to make Tommy the Turtle move, dance, and sing on screen. In challenge mode, children can test their coding abilities by solving the Tommy the Turtle challenges with his friends.
Learning to code from an early age helps children develop problem solving skills and prepares them for the future.
Key Features of Tommy the Turtle - Learn to Code app
1. Learn the basics of coding with simple commands, sequences, and loops
2. Combines audio, visual, and touch inputs to enhance multi-sensory learning
3. One-touch input for help in improving hand-eye coordination and fine motor skills for children
4. Switch-accessible for children with motor limitations who use an external switch
5. There are no in-app purchases or advertisements
With an easy-to-use interface kids interact with fun animated characters and using various basic programming commands they learn how sequences and even loops work. The best part is that they have fun doing it, thus it is perceived as a game rather than a traditional learning venue.
In-depth description of features:
- Programming basics for kids. This game teaches kids the basics of coding with simple commands, sequences and even loops. It relies on visual learning as a cute turtle does actions based on their input.
- Challenge mode. Kids can play the game in challenge mode, where other friendly characters tell Tommy what to do. Once a challenge is completed, they advance to the next.
- Tutorial & Free to play. A quick tutorial shows first time users how to interact with Tommy and have it perform actions. The free to play mode allows any kind of commands without any limitations.
- Voice guidance. As this is targeted for kids, a friendly voice accompanies any task in the game. This makes it easier for kids to understand what they need to do in a friendly teaching environment.
- 3D graphics. All cute animal characters in this game are animated and feature full 3D characteristics. This makes the game appealing and acts as a animated tutor that teaches kids through playing.
Learning to code prepares children for the world we live in today. Learning to code helps children develop problem solving and computational thinking skills. Even preschool and kindergarten age children can learn the foundations of coding. Tommy the Turtle – Learn to Code provides coding practice for young children of all abilities.