About 'This is Living With Cancer'
We all know someone who is living with cancer. Pfizer's Oncology team envisioned a resource for patients, their loved ones and caregivers to help them through the patient's cancer journey. As a free resource, available to any patient regardless of whether they are prescribed a Pfizer product, we invested in a series of elements to support and inspire patients through very difficult times. Resources available include content specific to many different cancer types, information about transportation/lodging, nutrition, emotional, financial and career support.
About the LivingWith mobile app
As a key element of the campaign, LivingWith is a mobile app developed by Pfizer's Business Technology team. The app provides many different functions requested directly patients, their loved ones and caregivers. We won't expand on the features in this document as they're explained on our web site and evident in the apps available on iOS and Android devices.
To power LivingWith and several other patient apps here at Pfizer, we created a flexible, custom-developed, cloud-based mobile back-end. This system, Newton, is Pfizer's Patient Engagement platform, and provides an edge in the healthcare industry because it makes it relatively fast and easy to deliver solutions to patients and supporters. Leveraging custom APIs and in-application mobile push, SMS, web, and email notification channels, the Newton platform enables patients to share and receive information and record activities using their desktop, laptop, mobile devices and wearables while maintaining their data across devices and platform. We have found no similar commercial platforms meeting the unique needs of the healthcare industry, so this proprietary solution gives Pfizer an advantage in providing value to patients.
APP OVERVIEW AND FEATURES
LivingWith is the free app designed to help patients manage life with cancer and connect with loved ones, ask for the help they need, improve communication with doctors and stay organized, all in one place.
WELCOME TO YOUR CIRCLE OF SUPPORT
It can be challenging to keep friends and family updated. My Circle gives you a simple way to communicate with the people who matter most.
• Invite your loved ones to join you on LivingWith. All you need is their email address or phone number.
• They'll receive a unique code that allows them to securely set up an account and join your network
• Stay connected and easily communicate with everyone. You can even ask someone to manage the app on your behalf
REQUEST HELP WITH DAILY TASKS
Friends and family want to help, but they don't always know how. With Requests, you can ask for the support you need and they can give it.
• Send requests for help with daily tasks—whether it's meals, rides to doctors' appointments or other support
• Your loved ones receive a notification that allows them to respond to the request based on their availability
• Upcoming, accepted and pending requests appear on a shared calendar, so everyone stays organized and up-to-date
GET THE MOST OF DOCTORS' APPOINTMENTS
There's a lot to keep track of when you're living with cancer. Health Notes makes it easy to stay organized, all in one place.
• Record key takeaways from your doctor so you remember important information from appointments
• Keep track of notes and questions in between appointments to improve communication with your healthcare team
• Store test results, medication details and insurance documents in a central folder. LivingWith was designed with your privacy in mind. You choose the information you share.
KEEP TRACK OF HOW YOU'RE FEELING
Keeping up with your daily health and wellness is an important part
of your care. Well-Being allows you to sync, share and store
your health data, all in one place.
• Track your mood, pain, sleep and steps, and sync data with other fitness apps and wearables
• Share personalized graphs and reports of your well-being for better communication with your doctor
• Update your friends and family with important health milestones and check-ins
FIND RESOURCES FOR PEOPLE LIVING WITH CANCER
There's a lot of cancer information out there. With Resources, you can get reliable news and other support that matters to you.
• Get news personalized by cancer type and your interests delivered directly to your device
• Find local events and support groups in your community
YOUR PERSONAL DASHBOARD
You can easily see what's happening with you and your loved ones
every time you open LivingWith.
• Get a quick snapshot of your important updates, appointments, news and more
• Your loved ones will see any updates you've shared with them, as well as upcoming requests
• Ask a friend or family member to be your proxy to manage your account on your behalf and see updates