RSS Junkie, a RSS reader with support for offline reading and push notifications. Add any feed you want by sharing the RSS feed using a browser with RSS Junkie, or use one of the builtin presets. Special layout for (7") tablets. Feedback is welcome (please use the market feedback button or the feedback option in the app).
RSS Junkie uses it's own server infrastructure for push notifications, so you will get your alerts about new RSS items really fast and your phone will consume less power as it doesn't have to poll each couple of minutes. To offer these feature we don't use Google Reader as backend (and there is no Google Reader sync). We use 'green' servers, which are power-efficient and uses environment friendly power.
- Push notifications using C2DM (nearly realtime, in comparison to polling it is faster and uses less battery)
- Offline reading
- Star your favorite items so they are remembered
- Efficient communication protocol, so it saves your bandwidth/datalimit (all the heavy work is done on a server, compressing both images and text)
- Tablet layout (with high quality images) for Nexus 7, HTC Flyer, etc.
- Android 2.2+ (but specially targeted and tested on Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) and extended notifications on Jelly Bean (JB))
- Presets for popular channels: CNN, BBC News, Engadget, The Verge, etc.
- Green/Blue/Dark colortheme