The mobile application SSH Tunnel is the best and most convenient way to manage SSH tunnels on a mobile device running iOS.
To date, the mobile market is filled with applications that manage VPN connections. They are especially popular in countries where Internet access is censored. Like the VPN connection, the SSH Tunnel allows you to encrypt and redirect the traffic from your mobile device to a third-party server.
The advantage of the SSH Tunnel application is the ability to fully control traffic redirection. The application allows manual configuration of the PAC (Proxy Auto-Config) file using special rules. For example, redirection depending on the Wi-Fi network to which the phone is connected (home/work), time of day or the address of the requested resource itself.
Main functions and features of the application:
- The application works in the background. The application will run in the background and will not fall asleep while at least one tunnel is connected.
- Supports local and dynamic port forwarding
- Password or Private Key authentication
- Host Key Fingerprint checking
- Connection data transfer statistics
- Connection Export & Import
- Passcode & Touch ID protection
- Provides a local URL for a Proxy Auto-Configuration (PAC) file
- Disconnect notification
- Idle disconnect timer
- Advanced logging for a debug purpose
To this day, the SSH Tunnel application has collected a lot of positive feedback from users, which confirms its impeccable performance and usability.