We had the privelage to spend some time talking with Samantha Bergin about the Cozi Family Organizer App
1. What was your main objective or motivation for creating the Cozi Family Organizer mobile app?
We created Cozi to help families manage the logistics of everyday life - from making sure everyone is where they need to be when they need to be there, to making sure families have what they need for dinner tonight.
2. If you could describe the Cozi Family Organizer app in ONE word, what would it be and why?
Lifesaver. Because that’s the word our customers actually use to describe Cozi… they can’t imagine life before Cozi - it helps them keep it all together.
3. What is the coolest or most innovative feature of Cozi Family Organizer?
The weekly agenda email is consistently our customer’s favorite feature. It’s an automated email that’s sent to every family member you choose with the upcoming appointments for the week.
4. Could you share a challenging factor of the development or marketing process?
Having to prioritize which features we work on first. There are only so many resources in a small company and we wish we could do it all!
5. Any unexpected surprises post-release of the Cozi Family Organizer app?
Not one I can think of…
6. Which operating system holds a larger user base: Android or iOS?
iOS has a slight edge over Android but it’s nearly 50-50.
7. What is your favorite mobile app to date and which have inspired you?
Cozi of course! It’s where I can manage the things we do and things I need all in one place. One app that inspires us is Instagram – it has such stickiness!
8. What features do you hope to roll out to the Cozi Family Organizer app in the future?
We are working on rolling out our Meals features on the mobile app.