We had the privelage to spend some time talking to Ryan Hanna from Sworkit
1. What was your main objective or motivation for creating the Sworkit Pro mobile app?
To create a workout app that can be used anywhere, anytime, and eliminates all excuses not to workout.
2. If you could describe the Sworkit Pro app in ONE word, what would it be and why?
3. What is the coolest or most innovative feature of Sworkit Pro?
The ability to create custom workouts with full control of exercises, intervals, and sequences.
4. Could you share a challenging factor of the development or marketing process?
When working on a fitness app you are working on something that will be very important to someone’s livelihood and many people know exactly what they want. In such, adding customization was crucial, but you cannot forget about keeping a simple process for brand new users.
5. Any unexpected surprises post-release of the Sworkit Pro app?
A market that I had not considered that is having a lot of usage is by PE teachers using Sworkit in their classes. Seeing pictures of 50+ people using Sworkit at once is something I never imagined seeing. Additionally, with custom workouts, Sworkit has become a valuable tool for injury recovery and catering to very specific fitness needs.
6. Which operating system holds a larger user base: Android or iOS?
iOS is a larger user base, but both user groups are just as active and engaged.
7. What is your favorite mobile app to date and which have inspired you?
I remember being amazed by Cardiio and the idea of using the device itself to monitor data and show something like heart rate.
8. What features do you hope to roll out to the Sworkit Pro app in the future?
The features at the top of our list that should be available soon are the ability to discover and download curated custom workouts and the addition of small equipment exercises.